Nick Jr.

MTV Networks, Inc.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Funny Fridays!!!!!

Funny Fridays!!!
His Name Was MUD!
What A WEEK!

Yesterday(Thursday), my husband, John and I went out shopping.  On the way back home John decided to take me down to the lake near us, so I could take some beautiful pictures of the sun and water. 

John decided to go further down the dirt road to see when the fishing would start back up again.  It's usually posted down by the docks.

On the way down to the docks, we came upon a very deep patch of mud.  I told my husband that we should turn around and go back before we get stuck.  He said," Don't worry I have four-wheel drive we won't get stuck." He managed to make it through the mud and then I said, "You do realize, we do have to go back that way!" He said, " We will be fine, don't worry."

So, we went down by the docks and I took more pictures and they still haven't posted the sign yet. We had to get back because I had to pick up my daughter from the bus.

We started heading back and John decided to stop in front of the huge muddy road before he drove through it.  I pointed out to him that he should stay away from the right side of the road because of the ditch.   He started driving through the mud and the mud kept pulling the truck toward the right.  He kept going and getting closer to the right side.  Pretty soon, we weren't moving anymore.  I said, "What's wrong are we stuck!"  Sure enough we were.  He tried to rock the truck back and forth, but nothing.  He opened his door and jumped in the back because of the mud.  He looked over the edge and saw that the truck was buried up to the frame of the truck.  

I poked my head out my window and told him that I needed to get out because I needed to pick up our daughter from the bus.  He helped me get out the window without falling in the mud.  I couldn't get out the door because my side was leaning into the ditch so much that some of my door was under the mud. I had to walk a mile through the woods to avoid the mud.  I got to the bus just in time.

John walked back to the house after awhile and was trying to find something that would help him get his truck out of the mud.  He found nothing.  He had to call a friend of ours who owns a tow truck and he had to pull him out.  

John's truck was covered in mud everywhere.  The time he got his truck out, he had to run to get my son from school.  I can just imagine what he thought when he saw the truck covered in mud.

This was only one of the things that happened to me this week.  It started on Monday.

Monday: I opened a big can of tuna and managed to spill all the tuna juice all over me.
Tuesday: Went to pick my daughter up from school and my front tire was completely flat.  
Wednesday: Was in town, visiting with my family.  When I started heading back home in the rain, my driver's side wiper decided to break.  I had to turn around and get a new wiper and have it replaced in the pouring rain.  
Thursday: Was eating the salad bar at Hy-Vee.  I had gotten a glass of tea, which I couldn't get the lid to fit on the cup.  I was talking to John and managed to knock over the full glass all over my pants.  I still had to go shopping yet.  I had to walk around the store with my pants just soaked.  I just kept laughing because I was wondering what people must have thought.  My husband said, "I can't take you anywhere!"  Later that day, was when we got stuck in the mud.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: