Nick Jr.

MTV Networks, Inc.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Funny Fridays!!!!!



One Time At A Band Concert!!!



Funny Fridays will be all about the funny things that have happened to me or someone close to me.  I tend to find myself in funny situations all the time and that is why my family keeps me around.  They need a great laugh to relieve their daily stress.  Plus laughter is the best medicine and helps you lose weight.


Well, I would love to tell you what my lovable nephew Austin did this last Monday.


My son, had a Fall Concert at his high school on Monday.  I went with my daughter, sister Kristy, Sister-in-law Nickie and her two boys Austin(age 9) and Alex.


The Choir went first and sang 5 songs.  It was pure torture.  It was like being at the worst auditions of American Idol.  I looked around and saw a lot of older people. We had all agreed that these people are here because they had nothing better to do and they were lucky because they can turn off their hearing aids.  Kristy was saying why did you talk me into coming here.  


Then, finally the Band was going to play.  We were looking forward to watching my son play. The band played 4 songs and were great!  


While the band was playing a gentlemen behind us starting making paper airplanes for the boys because he was bored too. 


 Most the seats we were sitting in had desk tops that folded down by the sides of the seats.  A couple of the seats were missing the desk tops and there was a hole left in the metal rod where they used to fasten.   When the last song was starting, Austin looked up at Kristy and told her he got his finger stuck in one of the holes. 


She looked at Nickie and told her his finger was stuck.  She ran around and tried to pull his finger out.  It didn't budge.  She went to the bathroom and got some liquid soap to try to loosen it. 


 All of us were laughing our heads off.  I had tears running down my face and could hardly see my son playing.  The gentlemen behind us asked if one of the boys threw an airplane and that is why she ran around.  We said no he got his finger stuck.


  By that time the band was done and the gentleman tried helping us.  Nothing worked.  When the lights came on we could see so much better and started cracking up even more. 


After everyone left for refreshments.  The band teacher came over and asked what was going on and we told her that Austin got his finger stuck. She went to get more help.  Pretty soon the principal and about 10 others started coming back in.  I took out my phone and told Austin, smile your on facebook.  And the laughter started again.


By this time my son came in and wondered why we hadn't come out yet.  He walked over looked at Austin and started laughing.  Austin said," Now Andrew don't be going around telling all your friends about this. " Little did Austin know a lot of his friends were already there.  One of Andrew's friends' came up and asked Andrew, "What are you teaching your nephews?" And we all started cracking up again.


The gentleman tried using hand lotion and squeezed it into the metal rod, but it didn't work either.  So they decided to try a hack saw.  The gentleman said now don't worry folks, I'm an ex-fireman.  At this point, Kristy said, " I'm out of here!  Thanks Austin for making this great night.   I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time."  


He started sawing away at the metal rod and had to keep pouring water on the metal because it was heating up.  Austin was doing great the entire time.  By this time everyone from the concert had found out what was going on and had to see it for themselves.


At last, the metal rod broke open and Austin's finger was loose.  Everyone clapped for joy.  His finger was red, swollen and had two ring marks on it.  They gave the metal piece to Austin for a reward for doing so great.  When we went into the next room, everyone started clapping again.  


As soon as everyone got home, they started calling everyone to tell them about what had just happened and everyone couldn't stop laughing.  It made everyones day.  Austin's finger is doing just great, its like it never happened. Austin brought his metal piece into school the next day to show everyone his prize.  


I so proud of  Austin for being a brave kid and thank him for giving us all a great night with tons of laughter.  
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Nickie said...

Great Story I'm very proud of my little man he was very brave. To this day he still is talking about it all When we went to kentucky he had to bring that peice with him to show his cousins and tell them all about it...