Nick Jr.

MTV Networks, Inc.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Funny Fridays!!!!!

Funny Fridays!!!



My Wedding Day!


This story is all about what happened at my wedding. My wedding day started out great and no problems.  It was when we started our vows is when it all happened!

When we went to buy our rings we found the perfect matching set of rings with a nice cross on them. The only difference in the rings was the size of them.  We loved our rings we found and they were being discontinued at the time, so we got them for a steal.

The wedding was going great. We had a western-themed wedding with the cowboy hats and even a horse drawn carriage.  The flower girl carried an upside-down cowboy hat for the flower petals.  My bridesmaids had western skirts on and a western top and carried lace umbrellas filled with flowers and butterflies. And wore cowboy hats.  The men wore black jeans and western shirts and cowboy hats.  I wore a very cream colored lacy old fashioned looking wedding dress that was so beautiful.  We had made our own unity candle.  We took a long cylinder vase and had it engraved with our wedding date and such.  Then we filled it with glass beads that matched our wedding colors red and black.  I found a small candle holder that fit in the vase and placed a beautiful red and black butterfly in it then, filled it with liquid clear acrylic(found in wedding section at hobby lobby). I then placed the holder into the vase on top of the beads. I then found a floating oil candle holder.  I placed water in the vase and place the floating oil candle holder on top.

My cousin Richard was performing our wedding and we were to the point of placing on the rings.  Our best man was my husband John's brother Joe.  It was time to get the rings from the best man.  John turned around to get the rings and Joe dropped them.  Our rings went rolling.  Joe let out a big gasp and went after them.  He found them both and gave them to John.

My cousin Richard then asked John to repeat after him and then he placed the ring on my finger.  I also repeated after my cousin Richard and placed the ring on John's finger, only it wouldn't fit.  John leaned over and said quit pushing the ring on.  I was trying to place my ring on his finger.  We just kept smiling and acted like normal. The ring fit only half way on and stayed like that until after the wedding.

We then had to light our unity candle.  Our moms came up and lit the candles and then we were to take those candles and light our unity candle.  We were having problems trying to light the candle.  We finally got it lit.  Then we both kneeled down on both knees and held each others hands and we had music play that we had picked out for that time.  We started whispering about the rings and started laughing.  The music played and it seemed a lifetime for it to be over with.  While the music played my hat kept getting close to the candles.  John kept telling me to lean away to one side. I almost fell over. When the song was finally done, we still kept laughing.

When the wedding was done, everyone kept asking us what was so funny.  They all started laughing, nobody knew about the rings.  There were some people that were afraid I was going to set my hat on fire  during the ceremony and almost said something.  We hurried over to our camcorder, which we had stuck in the corner, which we had just set on record. We wanted to see the ring and candle episodes.  We were disappointed when we had found out the battery had died on us and only recorded the first couple minutes of it.  We could have won a million dollars.  Only our luck!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: