Nick Jr.

MTV Networks, Inc.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Funny Fridays!!!!!

Funny Fridays!
The Fish That Didn't Get Away!



This story happened during a family reunion in Branson, MO., about 15 years ago.

We were staying at a resort place that had places for tents and RV's.  You were also able to rent RV's, Mobile Homes, or Cabins.  They had swimming pools, mini golf, basketball, volleyball, and shuffleboard. You could also rent fishing boats, jet skis, paddle boats and more.

Most of the men went out one day and decided to go out fishing.  Of course, they all were in competition to see who got the biggest fish.

My parents and I rented a boat and went out just to enjoy the lake.  We were out for a couple hours and had to head back because our time was almost up with the boat we had rented.  On our way back, we saw something large on top of the water.  When we got closer we saw that it was a large bass.  A boat went by just before we had gotten there and had hit the fish.  The fish was swimming around very slowly and totally dazed, but not harmed.  We decided to see if we could get the fish.  We tried hooking the fish with the fishing pole, but no luck.  I then took the lid off the bucket under my seat and decided to catch the fish this way.

I leaned over and tried to scoop the fish up, but it kept moving.  My dad kept steering the boat into circles.  Each time I tried to get the fish, but we were laughing so hard it was making it very difficult.  Finally, I managed to scoop up the fish and we started shouting for joy.  I couldn't believe how huge the fish was.  When we came into shore, we saw the guys out fishing.  We asked them how they were doing. They were not doing very well at catching anything.  I told them I caught a huge fish and they were all, "Yeah right!"

When the all the guys came in from fishing, they all wanted to see my fish.  They just couldn't believe their eyes.  I had won the fishing competition.  All three of us just kept laughing and everyone was wondering what was so funny.  They begin to ask questions and wondered how we got our fish.

It wasn't until the reunion was over that we told everyone how we actually caught the bass.  Everyone was so shocked and said that I didn't win.  We said,"Nobody put in the rule book on how you had to catch your fish." And of course, I was still the winner on catching the biggest Fish, even if it was caught with only a LID!  It was so Funny!


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: