Nick Jr.

MTV Networks, Inc.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Funny Fridays!!!!!


Watch Out For Deer!!




This funny story happened Tuesday, November 4, 2009.

I live in a Very Woody Area outside of town. And we have to be very careful when driving not to hit deer.
My neighbor friend two doors down from me runs a daycare center.
I walk my child down to her house in the afternoon on school days to put my child onto the school bus.
When I went down this Tuesday, my friend Barb told me about what had happened to her this morning.


A school bus stops at 7am to pick up my son for high school and then stops at Barb's house
to pick up a little girl for kindergarden.  Her name is Lena and when she opened the door to go to the bus, there stood a Huge Buck with a least 12 points on his rack on Barb's Porch.  Lena ran back inside crying and told Barb, "I can't get on the bus there's a Buck in my way!"  Barb yelled at her husband and teenage son to help her scare the Buck away. Her husband didn't believe her and opened the door and there stood the Buck, he said, "Wow, you weren't kidding!"

They did  everything they could to scare the Buck.  They threw things at it, yelled at it, made loud noises and finally the Buck walked away and stood by the side of the house.

Barb grabbed Lena and ran her down her very hilly driveway to get her on the bus.  The bus driver told Barb that she would wait a few minutes, just in case the buck decided to come after her and then she could just jump onto the bus.  The Buck just stood there and the bus left.

There was a parent in a car waiting to drop their kids off at Barb's.  This parent was my son's physics teacher.

As soon as the bus went away, Barb started walking up her hill.  The parent waited in his car, at the bottom of the hill to see what the Buck was going to do..

The Buck that had been standing still all this time, decided to go after Barb.  Barb started yelling at the top of her lungs running around the yard and hiding behind trees.  All that her husband could do was yell, "Run, Barb, Run!" because he had a leg injury. And her son was yelling, "Run, Mom, Run!"
Her husband jumped in his truck and raced down the drive-way but it didn't scare the Buck.

The parent in the car just stayed in his car and nobody helped Barb. Everyone was afraid what the Buck might do if they got out and tried to help.

Her husband called the Sheriff and the neighbor down the road who owns deer to come and help them.
They Coaxed the Buck with corn to get him to quit chasing Barb around the yard.
Barb thinks the Buck was the neighbors deer that had gotten out of his yard.

Barb wishes that someone had taped this because she could have been a rich lady for the funniest video.
I text message everyone I knew and said if you want to hear a funny story call me and I'll tell you.  I received a lot of phone calls and everyone laughed so hard and said thank you I needed that.

Now when we tell everyone to watch out for deer, we tell them in all aspects of life! It takes on a whole new meaning.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: