Nick Jr.

MTV Networks, Inc.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Funny Fridays!!!!!


What Floor Am I On? 


My Grandma, Dad, and Grandpa


This story is in loving memory of my Wonderful Grandma!  

Here is a story that involves my brother Garrett, who is in Iraq, my grandma, Flossie and myself.

My grandparents were living in an apartment retirement place with six floors and about 10 apartments on each floor. My Grandparents lived on the six floor at the end of the hall.

My brother and I were visiting my grandparents, we were both teenagers at the time. We had just come back from shopping with my grandma and got onto the elevator.  We all stepped into the elevator, when Garrett decided he wanted to race the elevator upstairs.  I decided to join Garrett.  And the race was on.

When we reached the second floor Garrett decided to get off the stairs and push the button for the elevator to stop and open.  And he ran back up the stairs. The doors opened and Grandma just looked out and nobody was there, she knew what had happened.  Garrett continued to do this for every floor.  We reached the six floor and ran down to the end of the hall and waited for Grandma.

Minutes went by and nothing.  When the elevator stopped on fifth floor, my grandma had lost track what floor she was on and since all the doors and floors looked the same, she got off on the fifth.  She walked down to the end of the hall and tried to unlock her door.  A friend of hers opened the door and said, "Flossie what are you doing on this floor?  Your apartment is one floor up."  Grandma said, "That Garrett".

Luckily, there was a flight of stairs by the door and she walked up the stairs and scared us when she opened the door.  We said Grandma what are doing here.  She told us what had happened and she knew who had done it, without us saying a word.  Garrett couldn't stop laughing.

Garrett was always doing jokes on Grandpa and Grandma.  Of course, Grandma Loved pulling jokes on people too!  Gee, I wonder where Garrett got it from.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that one no matter how many times I hear Grandma or Grandpa stories they still sound great
Jason